How Marieangela King met her mother-in-law: the Queen of Soul

Celebrity Trending
0

 


It is not every day that you get to meet your new boyfriend's mother, especially when she happens to be one of the most legendary singers of all time.



That was the case for British model and singer Marieangela King, who married American musician Teddy Richards in 2018. Richards is the son of the late Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, who passed away in 2018.


King, who goes by the stage name Queenie, revealed how she met Franklin for the first time in an interview with The Sun. She said that she was nervous and excited to meet the icon, who had invited her and Richards to her home in Detroit.


"She was very welcoming and warm. She hugged me and said, 'Welcome to the family, Queenie.' She was very sweet and kind," King said.


King, who is part of the pop group KING, said that she bonded with Franklin over their shared love of music and fashion. She said that Franklin gave her some advice on how to pursue her career and cope with fame.


"She told me to always be myself and not let anyone change me. She also told me to be careful with the media and not to believe everything they say. She was very wise and supportive," King said.


King said that she was devastated by Franklin's death, but grateful for the time they spent together. She said that she still feels her presence and guidance in her life.


"She was an amazing woman and a huge inspiration to me. I miss her a lot, but I know she is watching over us and smiling. She is always in my heart," King said.


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)