She said: "It wasn’t the first time I was physically and emotionally abused by him.

Celebrity Trending
0

 Tagram to reveal the brutal aftermath of the alleged domestic violence incident.

In the series of Instagram stories shared with her 7.2 million followers, the singer showed images of her bruised and swollen face, and detailed the physical and emotional effects the incident had on her.


She wrote: "I never spoke about it because I didn’t want to be labeled a victim."

"But the courageous women who have come forward have inspired me to share my story."

Cassie went on to explain that the CCTV footage, which has been circulating on social media, was from an incident that occurred after the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, where she and Diddy had an argument.

She said: "It wasn’t the first time I was physically and emotionally abused by him."

Cassie also revealed that she stayed with Combs for years after the alleged assault, but eventually found courage to leave the toxic relationship.

"I stayed with someone who didn’t value me or respect me, and yet I still stayed. It wasn’t until October 2018, I finally realized I had to love myself more," she wrote.


The singer's statement has sparked a conversation on domestic violence and the importance of speaking out.

Fans and fellow celebrities have shown their support for Cassie and applauded her bravery for opening up about her experience.

One fan tweeted: "I just want to give Cassie the biggest hug. The fact that she’s opening up now, shows her strength and growth. She’s been through hell and back."

Another wrote: "Cassie is so strong for opening up about her past and bringing awareness to domestic violence. Sending her all the love and support."

Domestic violence is a serious issue that affects countless people worldwide. If you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, please seek help by reaching out to organizations such as National Domestic Violence Hotline or RAINN.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)