Sydney Sweeney, the 26-year-old star of Euphoria and The White Lotus, has opened up about her personal life in a candid interview with Cosmopolitan.

Celebrity Trending
0

 


The actress revealed that she feels 'behind' with marriage compared to her friends, who are already settling down and having kids. She also shared some rare details about her own 'engagement', which turned out to be a prank by her boyfriend, Jonathan Davino.


Sweeney said that she has always dreamed of having a big wedding and a family, but she is not in a rush to tie the knot. "I feel like I'm behind because all of my friends from back home are married with two or three kids. But then I have to realize, I'm living a different life. I don't need to follow the same timeline as them," she said.


The actress also explained how she fooled her fans into thinking that she was engaged last year, when she posted a photo of herself wearing a ring on her left hand. She said that it was actually a joke by her boyfriend, who gave her the ring as a gift. "He was like, 'I got you something.' And I was like, 'Oh, thanks.' And he goes, 'It's an engagement ring.' And I go, 'What?' And he goes, 'Yeah, we're engaged.' And I was like, 'We are?' And he goes, 'Yeah, sure. Why not?' And then I put it on my finger and he goes, 'You should post it.' And I was like, 'Really?' And he goes, 'Yeah, let's see what happens.' And I was like, 'You're joking.' And he goes, 'No, I think it'll be funny.' And I was like, 'OK.' And then I did. And then everyone freaked out," she recalled.


Sweeney also addressed the controversy that erupted after she appeared in a Rolling Stones video with Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox. The video, titled "Paperclip", featured the trio in a steamy threesome scene, which sparked backlash from some fans who accused Sweeney of being a 'homewrecker'. Sweeney said that she was shocked by the negative reaction, and that she had nothing but respect for Kelly and Fox, who are a real-life couple.


"I was really surprised. I mean, they're actors. They're not really having sex. And Megan and Colson are so in love. They're such a beautiful couple. And they're both so sweet. They were so professional and so welcoming. I felt so comfortable on set with them. And it was such a fun experience. I don't understand why people have to be so mean and hateful," she said.


Sweeney added that she is proud of her work and that she does not let the haters get to her. She said that she is focused on her career and her happiness, and that she hopes to inspire other young women to follow their dreams. "I want to be a role model for girls who want to do anything they want to do. I want to show them that you can be smart and sexy and successful and still be a good person. You don't have to choose one or the other. You can be everything you want to be," she said.


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)